Intoduction to Presence Psychotherapy
Online Intro Workshop for Mental Health Professionals
This Live online workshop provide a thorough introduction to the theory and practice of the Presence Psychotherapy model. Didactic presentation demonstrations of the Presence Psychotherapy process, and experiential practice are offered. An introduction about how to integrate client’s existing spirituality into trauma work is offered.
The neuroscience lab at University of Southern California (USC) has determined that we have over 70,000 thoughts a day. If we listen to the our thoughts we find that throughout our day we have internal conversations among different parts of us that want, avoid, and feel different things. Parts of us hold the experience of unhealed wounds while other parts try to keep the feelings and thoughts of the wounded parts from overwhelming us. Psychology has long understood that the healthy mind has many parts. Examples include Internal Family Systems, Ego-state psychology, Transactional Psychotherapy, Schema Therapy, and Inner-child work. This course provides information about Presence Psychotherapy works with Parts of the Mind through lenses of Presence Awareness to heal trauma.
What to expect!
- Observe demonstrations of clients Orienting to Frequencies of Presence.
- Identify how Presence can be utilized as a Resource in trauma healing.
- Discover how Presence Psychotherapy includes clients personal connection to spirituality in trauma healing.
- Receive supportive guidance practicing the facilitation of Presence Orienting in small break-out rooms.
- Observe a full Presence Psychotherapy session showing how Presence Orienting can be utilized to access implicit memory, process trauma and heal attachment wounds.
Instructor: Michelle Lepak, LCSW
Integration with other Models:
Intro to Presence Psychotherapy and Internal Family Systems (IFS)
An Online Workshop
This course provides introductory skills and theory of Presence Psychotherapy that can be utilized in the Internal Family Systems model. Through live session demonstration, didactic presentation and break-out room practice, this course provides participants with the basic theory and practice of the Internal Family Systems (IFS) model developed by Richard Schwartz.
Discover and Practice IFS with Presence Psychotherapy Integration!
In this workshop you will be able to:
- Describe the theory and basic flow of the IFS model .
- Identify types of parts and Self Energy.
- Practice giving IFS sessions with supportive feedback led by experienced IFS therapists.
- Experience and practice Presence Awareness to help clients more easily access sense of IFS Self Energy.